felix-users mailing list archives

From "David Griffin" <david.grif...@parasense.co.uk>
Subject RE: Graphical OSGi development tools?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:22:56 GMT
Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I had already read through the components tutorial. The problem
for me is that I'm having to learn many new things all at the same time to achieve my goal,
so wherever it becomes too involved, I'm tending to steer away. What I end up choosing as
a set of technologies will need to be explained to other developers in my team, so I need
to keep everything a simple as possible.

I'm sure OSGi and BndTool will do everything I need, the problem is learning how to make it
do just what I need.

FTR - I'm currently taking a peek at NetBeans Platform application development to see if that
will suffice for my needs. It seems somewhat similar to OSGi. What might win it for me is
the availability of various sample applications and the fact the development can be done almost
entirely in a Graphical IDE.

Still open to other suggestions though.

Dave