felix-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Importing the output of the maven-bundle-plugin into eclipse
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:05:32 GMT
Due to an interlocking collection of missing features of Tycho and
M2E, I find myself wanting to import the output of the
maven-bundle-plugin into Eclipse Indigo as a binary project.

Unfortunately, doing the obvious (importing it as a binary project)
isn't working for me: eclipse is ignoring the actual binary content of
the plugin. I appreciate that this isn't the responsibility of the
bundle department, but I thought that perhaps someone here might have
been down this path.

The output of the bundle plugin has a manifest with:

Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.maven.doxia.ide.dependencies
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT

No Bundle-ClassPath, so defaults to '.' (right?), and a ton of classes.

Imported into Eclipse with the PDE import binary package, and it
'sees' only META-INF, not the ton of classes.

I could throw it into the 'plugins' directory of my eclipse as a last
resort, but I was hoping that someone could help me make this work as
seemingly intended.