felix-users mailing list archives

From Ivanhoe Abrahams <ivanhoeabrah...@gmail.com>
Subject Start order when using WeavingHook
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:51:20 GMT
Hi All

I have just started looking at  WeavingHook which was introduced in spec
4.3.
I have managed to write 2 bundles, one which registers a WeavingHook
implementation,
and a dummy bundle which contains a simple class which gets instantiated by
that a BundleActivator of that bundle

I noticed that it really depends on the start order of the bundles whether
my simple class gets woven or not.

I was wondering what the best way would be to ensure that my bundle
containing my weavinghook gets started first?
Is assigning a startlevel the only way that I can achieve this?
Remember that any classes that I would want to have "weaved", would have to
be classloaded after my weavinghook

Any advice appreciated.

Thankyou in advance

Ivanhoe