felix-users mailing list archives

From 楊富丞 (Kenneth Yang) <titanic.7485...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems in the integration of Felix and Android
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:16:10 GMT
Hi,

I am totally new to Felix as well as Android.

I am trying to integrate Felix into Android with user GUI.
However, we encounter some problems.
We have successfully move the Felix framework to Android emulator.
To the best of our knowledge, if we want to dynamically load bundles or make
modification,
we need a root privilege which is normally not workable for general Android
phone users.

So my questions are
1. How can we pack Felix as an apk file so that  Android can execute Felix
dynamically?
2. Do we necessarily switch the privilege mode into root or simply with the
default mode?

We are planning to design a GUI to users listing the available services
(bundles) around.
So we are sincere and thankful to your answers.

Best Regards,
Kenneth