felix-users mailing list archives

From Matt Madhavan <mattmadha...@gmail.com>
Subject Debugging OSGi bundles(Feliix vs Karaf) and PaxExam
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:58:09 GMT
Hello,
I have seen couple of email threads on this topic. But did not really get a
definitive answer.

Currently we do not use Karaf. We use Felix and other related bundles via
pax runner. I have seen recommendations about using Karaf. Why cannot I just
start the Felix container in debug via mvn pax:provision and do a remote
debug? What do I get out of Karaf that I donot get from Felix and its
webconsole (started using pax web and jetty etc).

Also when using PaxExam (2.x.x), if I'm using the third type "lesson-junit"
my understanding is that:

   1. I cannot use Native Container
   2. And so I can only do remote debugging.

Please let me know if my understanding is OK!

Thanks in advance!

Matt