felix-users mailing list archives

From David.Humen...@L-3Com.com
Subject RE: iPOJO: How to use an alternate service when the current service is unavailable?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:22:46 GMT
Sounds like you should be using the LogReaderService for those
implementations not the LogService.  You can use the Felix Log Service
bundle to get a LogService implementation and Log Service APIs.

David Humeniuk

-----Original Message-----
From: Shai Amar [mailto:shai.amar@krynnlance.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:49 AM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: iPOJO: How to use an alternate service when the current service
is unavailable?

Hi all

I have the following situation:
I have 2 Log service implementations implementing *LogService*
interface:

   1. *Console* log implementation
   2. *RotatingFile* log implementation

I want that a service SOME_SERVICE will use the *Console* log
implementation
service as a default, and if it is unavailable, SOME_SERVICE will use
the *
RotatingFile* log implementation service instead.

Is it possible to do that?
If it does, how can I do that?

--
Regards