felix-users mailing list archives

From john.dun...@exceter.com
Subject iPojo Conundrum
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:05:31 GMT
I am looking into using Pax-Exam to run unit tests against iPojo bundles.
However, as a Pax-Exam powered unit test is itself packaged into a bundle
prior to being run I would like to be able to have iPojo inject services
directly into the fields of my JUnit tests. However, I'm not really sure
how this can be done with annotations unless it's already supported by the
ipojo maven plugin because none of the iPojo annotations(by design) have a
runtime retention policy so ipojo components cannot be detected
reflectively. I know I can do it with pure xml configuration but I'd
really prefer to use annotations if at all possible.

My simplest use case is this: I want to be able to annotate fields in my
JUnit tests with @Requires and have iPojo inject dependent services.

Does this functionality already exist or would I have to implement it?

Cheers!
-John