felix-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Install Object as bundle
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:46:23 GMT
thanx :)

Am 22.08.2011 23:45, schrieb john.dunlap@exceter.com:
> I already did. :P
>
>> :D well just get yourself an Pax account and fix those Macro issues :-)
>> I pretty much just cleaned out those macros that didn't work anymore.
>> Looks like the plugin isn't supported anymore in newer versions of
>> confluence :(
>> This is due to the fact that we moved our wiki from self hosted to
>> atlassian
>> keeps us away the hassle of taking care of that part of infrastructure ;)
>>
>>
>> regards, Achim
>>
>> Am 22.08.2011 16:54, schrieb john.dunlap@exceter.com:
>>> LOL Yeah, I totally walked into that one...
>>>
>>> Quoting Peter Kriens<peter.kriens@aqute.biz>:
>>>
>>>> As this is open source you're now on the hook for documentation ... :-)
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>
>>>>      Peter Kriens
>>>>
>>>> On 22 aug 2011, at 16:47, john.dunlap@exceter.com wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I'd like to apologize to anyone I may have offended with my
>>>>> previous posts. Having reviewed a couple blog posts, PAX Exam
>>>>> appears to be quite powerful.
>>>>>
>>>>> At the risk of sticking my foot in my mouth, yet again, the only
>>>>> thing I can say in my defense is that the OPS4J documentation is
>>>>> spotty at best and their confluence wiki is very broken(macro
>>>>> errors) at the moment, so it's difficult, at least for me, to
>>>>> figure out what each of the PAX tools do or how to use them(hence
>>>>> the blog posts).
>>>>>
>>>>> -John
>>>>>
>>>>> Quoting john.dunlap@exceter.com:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Bother. That sounds eerily like the junit runner I'm half way through
>>>>>> writing...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Quoting Achim Nierbeck<bcanhome@googlemail.com>:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> well, if you are in need of help, just ask :-) someone out there
>>>>>>> will
>>>>>>> try to answer.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Taking the example you choose here is a quick (very-quick) help
>>>>>>> line :-)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The @Configure method, it is used to configure your test
>>>>>>> environment.
>>>>>>> Pax Exam is meant as a "Integration"-Test toolkit for OSGi so
what
>>>>>>> you do
>>>>>>> in this method is just barely configuring the run time environment
>>>>>>> of your
>>>>>>> bundle to test. After this setup where you also are able to
>>>>>>> configure different
>>>>>>> osgi containers like felix, equinox knopflerfish .... and
>>>>>>> different  versions.
>>>>>>> Your Unit test itself is turned into a Bundle that tests your
bundle
>>>>>>> in question.
>>>>>>> Just like a usual Unit-/Integration- Test would do :-)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I hope this makes this a bit clearer :-)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> regards, Achim
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2011/8/21<john.dunlap@exceter.com>:
>>>>>>>> That's fair. I guess I just don't understand what all the
other
>>>>>>>> stuff is.
>>>>>>>> Maybe I just haven't looked closely enough. Like I said before,
I
>>>>>>>> wasn't
>>>>>>>> trying to be offensive or dismissive in any way. It was just
my
>>>>>>>>   off the cuff
>>>>>>>> impression.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Quoting Achim Nierbeck<bcanhome@googlemail.com>:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> interesting, since I only see "one" extra pax exam annotation,
>>>>>>>>> all others are of junit 4.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> but this is just my 2 cents :-)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Am 21.08.2011 04:18, schrieb john.dunlap@exceter.com:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> https://github.com/tonit/Learn-PaxExam/blob/master/lesson-junit/src/test/java/org/ops4j/pax/exam/lesson3/LessonTest.java
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Quoting Toni Menzel<toni@okidokiteam.com>:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Can you be more specific ? Would love to simplify
(in your
>>>>>>>>>>> terms) ..
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Toni
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:09 PM,<john.dunlap@exceter.com>
>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> I will check it out. I mean no offense. I
just know that the
>>>>>>>>>>>> last
>>>>>>>>>>>> time I
>>>>>>>>>>>> checked out Pax Exam the amount of annotations
required to run
>>>>>>>>>>>> a
>>>>>>>>>>>> test made
>>>>>>>>>>>> my head hurt.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Quoting Matt Madhavan<mattmadhavan@gmail.com>:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>   Ornate? Come on man, check it out. I have
designed the OSGi
>>>>>>>>>>>> development
>>>>>>>>>>>>> standard for my client based on PAX tools!
Probably going to
>>>>>>>>>>>>> be.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> One of
>>>>>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>>>>>> largest OSGi project
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Aug 19, 2011 8:40 PM,<john.dunlap@exceter.com>
 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks for the tip! I'll certainly
take a look at it but my
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> general
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> impression of OPS4J has been that
their stuff(while very
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cool) tends
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to be a little too "ornate" for my
taste.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -John
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quoting Matt Madhavan<mattmadhavan@gmail.com>:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   OPS4J PAXTinyBundle Tool might
be a good option too!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Aug 19, 2011 1:23 PM,<john.dunlap@exceter.com>
 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That's quite a trick... Thanks!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quoting chetan mehrotra<chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com>:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   You can also have look
at Karaf Spring deployer which
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> creates a
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bundle
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the fly for a give Spring config
file
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/**karaf/trunk/deployer/spring/**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> src/main/java/org/apache/**karaf/deployer/spring/**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> SpringTransformer.java?view=**markup<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/karaf/trunk/deployer/spring/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/deployer/spring/SpringTransformer.java?view=markup>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chetan Mehrotra
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011
at 7:42 PM,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <john.dunlap@exceter.com>
 wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oh cool I was thinking
along the right track! I think
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I can adapt
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> do what I need. Thanks for
your assistance!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -John
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quoting Holger Hoffstätte
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <holger.hoffstaette@**googlema**il.com
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <http://googlemail.com><
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> holger.hoffstaette@**googlemail.com<holger.hoffstaette@googlemail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   >:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 19.08.2011 15:28,
john.dunlap@exceter.com wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Yes, that's
exactly what I need to do. Do you have a
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> recommended
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> approach?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Don't know what
your service does, but creating a bundle
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on-the-fly
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> quite easy (I was surprised how easy,
actually). I have
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some code but
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> can't post the
full version, so I put a sanitized
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> snippet here:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://pastebin.com/Cqi7QMuJ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (it does exactly
what I needed, but without a doubt
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Someone
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On The
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Internet will
find something Completely Wrong with
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it..caveat
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> emptor
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all that.)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This will create
a bundle with the same version/BSN
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> root as the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "prototype" Bundle
that you pass in. Take care of
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> generating
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unique
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BSNs.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The dynamically generated
headers can be anything you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> want; I only
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> needed
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an empty bundle with no
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exports/imports/services/****Activator
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> etc. so
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> left as exercise
for you. :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hth,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holger
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------****----------------------------**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --**---------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apac**he.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <http://apache.org><
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   For additional commands,
e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------****----------------------------**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --**---------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apac**he.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <http://apache.org><
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "I don't care what you can
do. I care what you can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> guarantee."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For additional commands,
e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> users-unsubscribe@felix.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> Toni Menzel Source<http://tonimenzel.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> -----
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&
 PMC
>>>>>>>>> OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>
>>>>>>>>>   Committer
>>>>>>>>> &  Project Lead
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> *Achim Nierbeck*
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&
 PMC
>>>>>>> OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>
>>>>>>> Committer&  Project Lead
>>>>>>> blog<http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --------
>>>>> "I don't care what you can do. I care what you can guarantee."
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --------
>>> "I don't care what you can do. I care what you can guarantee."
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>>
>>
>> --
>> -----
>>
>> Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&  PMC
>> OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>   Committer&
>> Project Lead
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org
>


-- 
--
*Achim Nierbeck*


Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&  PMC
OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>    Committer&  Project
Lead
blog<http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@felix.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@felix.apache.org


Mime
View raw message