felix-users mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: how <manifestLocation> is used in maven-bundle-plugin
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:46:14 GMT
reproducing:

1) you'll need svn and maven 3

2)
svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-ep-debug
testSmall/uimaj-ep-debug
svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-ep-debug
testSmall/uimaj-parent

3) cd testSmall/uimaj-ep-debug

4) mvn install                  (this builds using maven-bundle-plugin)

5) mvn install                  (this rebuilds, but BND now finds the previously
built MANIFEST.MF and produces the warnings.

-Marshall

On 8/19/2011 2:56 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2011, at 19:29, Marshall Schor wrote:
>
>> The docs appear to say that <manifestLocation> is used to specify the directory
>> where BND will write the manifest.
>>
>> However, the maven-bundle-plugin (or BND also appears to *read* an existing
>> Manifest (at least, when the "manifest" goal is used in the Maven plugin).  For
>> instance, if an existing one is there I see output in the console from running
>> maven-bundle-plugin of lots of instances of these:
> the "manifestLocation" parameter only affects where the manifest is written out to, it
isn't passed into bnd or used to read an existing manifest

> however, bnd could read an existing manifest when asked to update an artifact - can you
provide the pom (and bnd instructions) to recreate this?