felix-users mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject maven bundle plugin - getting the export-packages version automatically
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:39:45 GMT
I have one use of maven-bundle-plugin where the generated <Export-Package> lines
in the generated MANIFEST.MF file contain version specifiers.  The instruction
to maven-bundle-plugin looks like:

<Export-Package>pkgname1, pkgname2, etc.</Export-Package>

and the generated manifest has this:

<Export-Package>pkgname1;version="2.3.2.SNAPSHOT",pkgname2;version="2.3.2.SNAPSHOT",
etc

I have another use of maven-bundle-plugin, where things seem to be similar, but
the generated manifest doesn't have the version="xxx" added.

In the first case, I do not have packageinfo or package-info.java files in the
packages.

Where is BND picking up this version information?  I'd like to set up the 2nd
case to pick it up, too, but after trying lots of experiments and looking on the
internet, all I can find is this line in the maven-bundle-plugin:

Besides explicitly listing package version attributes, BND will also determine
package versions by examining the source JAR file or from packageinfo files in
the package directory.

>From this I presume it is determining package versions by "examining the source
JAR file" - but that doesn't make sense to me, because in the case where it is
supplying the version, there is no source Jar file - it is suppose to be
generating that file with the bnd command, I think.

Any help specifying more detail where maven-bundle-plugin BND gets its package
version info from so I can set up the 2nd case above to work like the 1st one,
would be greatly appreciated.

-Marshall Schor