felix-users mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <Jim.Tal...@groupgti.com>
Subject RE: Help understanding OSGi class loading
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:32:13 GMT
No I didn't.
How does that work with existing instantiated objects?

Thanks

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard S. Hall [mailto:heavy@ungoverned.org]
Sent: 12 August 2011 14:44
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help understanding OSGi class loading

Did you refresh after doing the update?

On 8/12/11 4:03 AM, Jim Talbut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just been surprised by the behaviour of karaf/felix and I'd be grateful for some
help understanding how this works.

> My code is split into two chunks:
>
> 1.       A compiled bundle.
>
> 2.       A Spring XML file.
> My intention is that the Spring file contains all the configuration relating to the piece
of work, whilst the bundle contains the (more static) compiled code - with the intention of
being able to update/replace the Spring file whenever I want.

> I just found an error in the bundle and uninstalled it, but the bundle created for the
Spring file is still running.

> Does this mean that only OSGi services are dynamically removed, and if the Spring file
directly references exported classes from a bundle then the classes are only resolved via
OSGi when they are loaded?
> In which case will restarting the Spring bundle clear it out adequately to ensure that
it picks up a new compiled bundle?