felix-users mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <Jim.Tal...@groupgti.com>
Subject Help understanding OSGi class loading
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:03:08 GMT
Hi,

I've just been surprised by the behaviour of karaf/felix and I'd be grateful for some help
understanding how this works.

My code is split into two chunks:

1.       A compiled bundle.

2.       A Spring XML file.
My intention is that the Spring file contains all the configuration relating to the piece
of work, whilst the bundle contains the (more static) compiled code - with the intention of
being able to update/replace the Spring file whenever I want.

I just found an error in the bundle and uninstalled it, but the bundle created for the Spring
file is still running.

Does this mean that only OSGi services are dynamically removed, and if the Spring file directly
references exported classes from a bundle then the classes are only resolved via OSGi when
they are loaded?
In which case will restarting the Spring bundle clear it out adequately to ensure that it
picks up a new compiled bundle?

Thanks

Jim