felix-users mailing list archives

From yann.dior...@bull.net
Subject iPojo lifecycle and dependencies
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:46:57 GMT
Hi,
I'am facing a problem with iPOJO about the dependencies and the lifecycle.
One of my components creates a configuration for config admin for each
services of a specific type (bind / unbind optionnal & aggregate).
During my test, i try to stop and restart my bunble in order to test if
all my system works again, and here is the problem.

When my bundle stops i have to remove all the configurations. But if the
bundle stops the unbind function is not called, so the configurations are
not deleted. So i can remove them in the invalidate handler?! But i can't.
Indeed if the invalidation is not due to a stop event but due to
dependency insatisfaction, i had removed all the configurations and when
my component will be valid again, the bind function will not be called.

Why this "inconsistency"?

When the dependency handler of a component is created, all the current
available services are bound (l 274 Depenency.java)
Why not called unbind when the component is "destroyed" or why not provide
a option to specify an start/stop service tracker when the component
starts/stops?

Thanks