felix-users mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject JavaMail and Felix
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:10:06 GMT
Hi all...

I'm having a problem with JavaMail running under Felix.

I have a simple application that fetches a
"multipart/alternative"-type email from a POP3 server.  If I run this
application standalone, I see the message correctly, with its content
as class MimeMultipart.  If I run this application as a bundle in
Felix, I see the message incorrectly, with its content as class
SharedByteArrayInputStream.

None of the bundles involved, including mine, are complaining about
classdefs not being found, so I assume all the appropriate Sun code is
in place.  But what about resources in the jars?  mailapi.jar has, for
example, a mailcap file, which I think is used by
javax.activation.DataHandler, which is in javaee.jar.  Is that
something that could work in CLI Java and not in Felix?

Don