felix-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Hartman <BHart...@westell.com>
Subject RE: PAX web and felix
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:57:04 GMT
Thanks a ton Achim.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim Nierbeck [mailto:bcanhome@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 9:30 AM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: PAX web and felix

btw. this is the corresponding issue :-)

http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXWEB-295

regards, Achim

2011/7/29 Bruce Hartman <BHartman@westell.com>:
> Yeah!!!!!  I'm not going crazy (this time)!
>
> Thank you so much for trying this out.  I will use the 1.0.4 version.
>
> Bruce

try older versions of PAX Web until one works (0.1.7 worked with the console).

>> If anyone wants to try, load the bundles that I have below into a basic felix setup
(or a subset - you probably don't need them all) and try it.  If you do or don't get the
same problem, I would be facinated either way.

>> Thanks Achim,
>>
>> Bruce

- Pax Web available at [0.0.0.0]:[8888]
>>> 118 [FelixStartLevel] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Started NIOSocketConnectorWrapper@0.0.0.0:8888
STARTING
>>> 122 [FelixStartLevel] INFO org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.HttpServiceFactoryImpl
- Binding bundle: [org.apache.felix.webconsole [6]] to http service
>>> ERROR: EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.IllegalStateException:
ServletConfig has not been initialized)
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized
>>>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getServletContext(GenericServlet.java:185)
>>>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.log(GenericServlet.java:306)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager.log(OsgiManager.java:561)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager.bindHttpService(OsgiManager.java:736)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager$HttpServiceTracker.addingService(OsgiManager.java:650)
>>>         at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1030)
>>>         at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:1008)
>>>         at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:933)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:871)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:733)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:662)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:3721)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.access$000(Felix.java:80)
>>>
>>> Here's the bundles I have installed:
>>>
>>> [   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (3.0.6)
>>> [   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Bundle Repository (1.6.2)
>>> [   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service (1.2.8)
>>> [   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Log Service (1.0.0)
>>> [   4] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (1.4.2)
>>> [   5] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (1.4.1)
>>> [   6] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Web Management Console (3.1.6)
>>> [   7] [Active     ] [    1] OPS4J Pax Web - Extender - WAR (1.1.0)
>>> [   8] [Active     ] [    1] OPS4J Pax Web - Jetty Bundle (1.1.0)
>>> [   9] [Active     ] [    1] OPS4J Pax Web - Jsp Support (1.1.0)
>>> [  10] [Active     ] [    1] slf4j-api (1.6.1)
>>> [  11] [Resolved   ] [    1] slf4j-simple (1.6.1)
>>>

>>> Any help or advice someone has is appreciated very much.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bruce

Web Management Console (3.1.6) bundle working with it).

file in my war directory, it is addressable as http://<ip>:<port>/index.html.
 JSP files are working differently, though.  If I put an index.jsp in my war/jsp directory,
my jsp file is only addressable by http://<ip>:<port>/war/jsp/index.jsp (I would
expect that "/war/" would not be necessary as part of the path.  Furthermore, I can't seem
to access CSS files and other resources from my jsp file no matter what path I put in.

the jsp file from the browser at all (no matter what path I use).

that html is working just fine).

and proprietary information that is protected.
copying, distribution or use of the
If you have received this e-mail in error,