felix-users mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: PAX web and felix
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:04:43 GMT
Bruce,

You just found a bug in the 1.1.0 version of pax web :-)

But I can tell you the 1.0.4 is working all right.
I also replaced your logging bundles by pax logging this way you get
more detail on what happens :-)

Regards, Achim

Am 28.07.2011 18:46, schrieb Bruce Hartman:
> Thank you.  I tried 3.1.8 (the full version) and got the same problem.  I might try older
versions of PAX Web until one works (0.1.7 worked with the console).

> If anyone wants to try, load the bundles that I have below into a basic felix setup (or
a subset - you probably don't need them all) and try it.  If you do or don't get the same
problem, I would be facinated either way.

> Thanks Achim,
>
> Bruce

- Pax Web available at [0.0.0.0]:[8888]
>> 118 [FelixStartLevel] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Started NIOSocketConnectorWrapper@0.0.0.0:8888
STARTING
>> 122 [FelixStartLevel] INFO org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.HttpServiceFactoryImpl
- Binding bundle: [org.apache.felix.webconsole [6]] to http service
>> ERROR: EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.IllegalStateException:
ServletConfig has not been initialized)
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized
>>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getServletContext(GenericServlet.java:185)
>>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.log(GenericServlet.java:306)
>>         at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager.log(OsgiManager.java:561)
>>         at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager.bindHttpService(OsgiManager.java:736)
>>         at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager$HttpServiceTracker.addingService(OsgiManager.java:650)
>>         at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1030)
>>         at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:1008)
>>         at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:933)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:871)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:733)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:662)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:3721)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.access$000(Felix.java:80)
>>
>> Here's the bundles I have installed:
>>
>> [   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (3.0.6)
>> [   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Bundle Repository (1.6.2)
>> [   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service (1.2.8)
>> [   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Log Service (1.0.0)
>> [   4] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (1.4.2)
>> [   5] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (1.4.1)
>> [   6] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Web Management Console (3.1.6)
>> [   7] [Active     ] [    1] OPS4J Pax Web - Extender - WAR (1.1.0)
>> [   8] [Active     ] [    1] OPS4J Pax Web - Jetty Bundle (1.1.0)
>> [   9] [Active     ] [    1] OPS4J Pax Web - Jsp Support (1.1.0)
>> [  10] [Active     ] [    1] slf4j-api (1.6.1)
>> [  11] [Resolved   ] [    1] slf4j-simple (1.6.1)
>>

>> Any help or advice someone has is appreciated very much.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bruce

Management Console (3.1.6) bundle working with it).

>>> I then added the following to a service tracker:
>>>
>>> httpContext = webContainer.createDefaultHttpContext();
>>>             webContainer.registerServlet("/frameworkservlet", new FrameworkServlet(),
null, httpContext);
>>>             webContainer.registerJsps(new String[]{ "*.jsp" }, httpContext);
>>>             webContainer.registerResources("/", "/war", httpContext);
>>>
>>> My manifest file has the entry:
>>> Web-ContextPath: /war
>>>
>>> My bundle has a "war" directory, with a jsp directory under that.
>>>
>>> All html (and other) pages work just fine.  For example, if I put a index.html
file in my war directory, it is addressable as http://<ip>:<port>/index.html.
 JSP files are working differently, though.  If I put an index.jsp in my war/jsp directory,
my jsp file is only addressable by http://<ip>:<port>/war/jsp/index.jsp (I would
expect that "/war/" would not be necessary as part of the path.  Furthermore, I can't seem
to access CSS files and other resources from my jsp file no matter what path I put in.

>>> If I changes the registerJsps call to new String[]{"/jsp/*"}, I cannot access
the jsp file from the browser at all (no matter what path I use).

>>> I don't have a web.xml file.  I don't think I need one (based on the fact that
html is working just fine).

>>> Am I missing something here?  Do I have to add something else to my manifest?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any help/advice.  Let me know if you need more clarification
>>>
>>> Bruce

>>> This e-mail and its attachments are private and may contain confidential and
proprietary information that is protected.
>>> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the
>>> information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error,