felix-users mailing list archives

From Sahoo <sanjeeb.sa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: new maven-bundle-plugin snapshot available for beta testing
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:47:38 GMT
On Thursday 30 June 2011 07:49 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2011, at 04:35, Sahoo wrote:
>
>> Hi Stuart,
>>
>> Thanks for fixing all these issues. I am happy to report that one can use bundle
plugin to generate well formed WABs with embedded libraries [1].

>> I would like to draw your attention to another issue [2] which is not yet reported
in JIRA. How can one configure the plugin to generate files with .war extension as opposed
to .jar extensions?
> The ".jar" extension issue should also be fixed in the latest snapshot: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2435

I still don't understand what happens when packaging type is war and
bundle goal is configured to run in package phase. The plugin execution
order didn't look very simple to me, so I tend to avoid such
configuration. So, I was looking for ways to configure maven bundle
plugin to generate files with some other extension (like war) when
packaging type is bundle.
>> I know I should have raised this earlier, but better late than never.
> NP, there is still time to fix small issues since the bundlerepository vote (which is
a pre-req) has a few days left to run.

I would really like your thoughts about FELIX-3018.

Thanks much,
Sahoo