felix-users mailing list archives

From john.dun...@exceter.com
Subject Managing Dynamism
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:33:57 GMT
I'm interested in using OSGI as an update mechanism in a swing based
app. However, I'm concerned that managing the extremely dynamic nature
of OSGI is too difficult.

How can guarantee that the client's OSGI container will remain in a
known state which is identical to the state of the OSGI container that
I'm testing against? How can I guarantee that updates will be
installed, resolved, and wired in exactly the same sequence in the
client OSGI container and as they are in the OSGI container that I'm
testing against? If I cannot guarantee these things then I do not
understand how I can guarantee that my updates will succeed.

-John