felix-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: Apache Felix Web Console - System Information
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:36:42 GMT
You might want to look at the Memory MBean if one is provided by your
VM as that will provide more granular data than Runtime.totalMemory().

At this point, this is a question about your VM, not anything to do
with Felix. Would suggest you ask on either a general Java forum or a
forum more specific to your VM.

Justin

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Bruce Hartman <BHartman@westell.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  I appreciate confirmation on what I was seeing.  It's telling me total memory
= 5760.  When I do a "top" on Linux, it says that Java is using 27 MB.  I can't figure out
why the disreprency.  We tried specifying the -Xmx and -Xms options to java when starting
felix.

> We are stumped.  Why is Runtime.totalMemory() returning 5MB?
>
> Bruce

 Did anyone have any idea of the below?  Am I sending to the correct list?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bruce

my Total Memory is 5760.  What does that mean?  Does that mean that the total memory allocated
for Felix is 5 MB?  If so, how do I increase it?  I have been having java.lang.OutOfMemoryExceptions
from time to time.

>> Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help,
>>
>> Bruce

>> This e-mail and its attachments are private and may contain confidential and proprietary
information that is protected.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the
>> information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error,