felix-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: Apache Felix Web Console - System Information
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:26:08 GMT
I forgot something else - there's a Memory Usage plugin for the
WebConsole that provides more details. You need to install it
separately. You can download it from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.memoryusage/1.0.2/

Justin

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Bruce Hartman <BHartman@westell.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  I appreciate confirmation on what I was seeing.  It's telling me total memory
= 5760.  When I do a "top" on Linux, it says that Java is using 27 MB.  I can't figure out
why the disreprency.  We tried specifying the -Xmx and -Xms options to java when starting
felix.

> We are stumped.  Why is Runtime.totalMemory() returning 5MB?
>
> Bruce

 Did anyone have any idea of the below?  Am I sending to the correct list?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bruce

my Total Memory is 5760.  What does that mean?  Does that mean that the total memory allocated
for Felix is 5 MB?  If so, how do I increase it?  I have been having java.lang.OutOfMemoryExceptions
from time to time.

>> Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help,
>>
>> Bruce

>> This e-mail and its attachments are private and may contain confidential and proprietary
information that is protected.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the
>> information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error,