felix-users mailing list archives

From Shamik Bandopadhyay <sham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring resource classpath issue
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:13:25 GMT
I took a look into the ResourceUtils code and here's what I've observed.

In ResourceUtils.getFile(),

the following piece of code is being referred,

*if (!URL_PROTOCOL_FILE.equals(resourceUrl.getProtocol())) {*
*      throw new FileNotFoundException(*
*              description + " cannot be resolved to absolute file path " +*
*                          "because it does not reside in the file system: "
+ resourceUrl);*
*}*
**
The value of resourceUrl is "bundle://258.0:1/repo/test.db4o". Now, its
trying to match "file" with "bundle" as part of the condition which is
subsequently throwing the exception.

I'll try to to use an absolute file location again instead of an embedded
classpath file and see the result. I hope it works out since I don't have
the choice to change the Db4o libraries.

Thanks a lot for doing the research and helping me understand the issue.
Appreciate your help.

I'll post my result.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:54 AM, ext2 <xuhb@tongtech.com> wrote:
> [...]
(etc: file:///d:/a, file:/d:/a, are both point to file d:\a. But file://d:/a
is not a correct url);

>> As per your observation, I'm not sure I understand the last point. You
>> mentioned " OsgiBundleResource try locate File by your bundle's
>> location on the file system; But it doesn't exist, so exception
>

> resource.getURL() will return a resource url from bundle classpath; But
you application called Resource.getFile().
> So OsgiBundleResource will can only first try to locate it from bundle
location (normally , bundle location  == url where you install bundle);

>> raised."  I'm trying to understand the fact where does it differ
>> compared to a non-osgi environment ? I've the same code running w/o an
>> issue as long as the file is in the classpath.
>
> Spring will choice the resource's implementation for you given url
(classpath:/....db4o.). In osgi, OsgiBundleResource is choosed. But none
osgi environment, ClassPathResource ,UrlResource,or something else(I am not
sure) will be choosed;

>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:38 AM, ext2 <xuhb@tongtech.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > The immediate cause is : db4o/ ObjectContainerFactoryBean is ask for a
file
>> on file system, so  OsgiBundleResource cannot return the resource on the
>> classpath, the only thing OsgiBundleResource can do is try locate it from
the
>> bundle's location, but it doesn't exists;
>> >
>> > I am not familiar with db4o, so  I don't why it always ask for file ,
and
>> cannot  ask for a input stream from class path resource;
>> >
>> > Is it a file only for read or a file for read/write?
>> > 1) If it's a file only for read, maybe you can check the spring
reference
>> to see if other properties could configure it;
>> > 2) if it's a file for read/write (etc a database file store data),
maybe you
>> should using store it on file system.
>> >

>> > Spring dm 's OsgiBundleResource will try to locate the File from the
location
>> where you bundle installed.
>> > This means :
>> > 1) resource has been find in classpath
>> > 2) other application is try  to use File relative to the bundle (here
is
>> the Db4o.openFile).
>> > 3) OsgiBundleResource try locate File by your bundle's location on the
file
>> system; But it doesn't exist, so exception raised.

org.springframework.osgi.io.OsgiBundleResource.getFile(OsgiBundleResorce.j

org.springmodules.db4o.ObjectContainerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(bject

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanactor

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanactor

>> resource[classpath:taxonomy.db4o|nd.id=335|bnd.sym=taxonomydaoimplbundle]

>> method.

>> {
>> bundleLocation.substring(prefixIndex +

>> getDescription());
>> absolute file

>> classpath

File.
>> try

can

http://blog.springsource.com/2008/05/02/running-spring-applications-on-osg

of
us
load
the

http://www.dynamicjava.org/articles/osgi-matters/3rd-party-components-with

-osgi/11-osgi-matters/43-3rd-party-components-incompatibility-problems?tmp

any reason
why
tried
including
>> the

<input-resource>META-INF/spring/repo/test.db4o=target/classes/META-INF/spr

spring is trying
>> load
the spring
source
"classpath:META-INF/spring/repo/test.db4o"
and then from
That's my 2
cents

inside
I've confirmed
this

<
tribon1980@gmail.com>

classes. Make sure
the
>> file
used in different
bundle.
>> <shamikb@gmail.com>

bundle in osgi (fuse
esb).In
db4o file which is
inside
maven project will make
sure
>> that
folder will be available
in

application, I'm
getting the

path because it does
not reside
>> bundle://258.0:1/META-INF/spring/repo/test.db4o"

but Felix doesn't seem

users-help@felix.apache.org