felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix wiring troubles: a new installed bundle wired to an already uninstalled bundle
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:50:22 GMT

On 06/11/2011 02:41 PM, Etienne Vrignaud wrote:
> I understand that, but in my case, I am sure that the 3 bundles that I
> have uninstalled were not used by any other bundle.

If a bundle is uninstalled and no one is using it then it will go away,
it only sticks around if someone is using it. You can "inspect p r"
(i.e., inspect package requirements) to see who is importing it.

> And also my use case is simply reinstalling the same bundles after
> having used them and uninstalled them.
>
> I tried already to call PackageAdmin.refreshPackages() as mentioned in
> the Bundle class documentation. But unfortunately, the Felix framework
> request to stop. I cannot do that. I want to do live update without
> restarting my product. Is there any way to refresh wiring without
> stopping?

It will only request to stop if it is required by what you've
uninstalled (e.g., system bundle extensions). If you are just
installing/uninstalling normal bundles, then only those bundles and
bundles that depend on them will be affected by a refresh.

> Otherwise what can I do in order to identify what's going wrong with the Wiring?

See the "inspect" command.

-> richard