felix-users mailing list archives

From Bahadir Konu <bah.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Launching application with a script
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 19:06:12 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this but there seems to be
something I cannot think of.

I have an application which contains a bundle that extends gogo shell. This
bundle is dependent to built-in "gogo.command" bundle under the /bundle
When I put my bundles under auto-deploy directory and start the framework,
felix (it seems) tries to install my bundle before the built-in gogo.command
bundle and framewok fails to start. (BundleException: requirement failed..)

To overcome, I declared the start level of my bundles as "2" in the felix
config file. This solves the previous problem I mentioned but there is
another problem:
My bundles are *not* ACTIVE. They are INSTALLED. The built-in bundles are
active but my bundles are not!

What I need is a script that starts the framework and starts my bundles.
(One of the bundles extend gogo shell, and it is the UI of the application.)

So, currently what I can only do is, writing the script that can only
install the bundles. Then I ll tell user to issue START commands from the
shell manually before using the additional gogo commands of my applicaiton.

Is my strategy of launching incorrect? Is there another way of deploying and
launching my bundles with a script? If not, how can I solve the problems
that I mentioned?

Any help is appreciated..

Bahadır Konu