felix-users mailing list archives

From marian grigoras <mgrig.o...@googlemail.com>
Subject DependencyManager vs iPOJO
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 20:15:56 GMT
Hi,

I would like to understand the relation between DependencyManager and iPOJO.
I see that both are apache projects, both under active development - is
there any difference in the problem they try to solve?

I'm currently using DependencyManager and appreciate defining components
(and their dependencies) at runtime. For example, to create components from
dynamic configurations: new config file for a configuration factory is
loaded by FileInstall and a new component can be created with the given
config. Thus I can control the number of similar components with different
configurations by adding/removing configuration files in the directory
monitored by FileInstall. Could I cover this scenario with iPOJO too?

Sorry if this sounds trivial, but I was not able to find any resources
relating the 2 projects to each other.

Thanks,
Marian