felix-users mailing list archives

From Matt Madhavan <mattmadha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Felix/pax runner cyclic dependency issue - whats the common way to solve this?
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 21:28:58 GMT
Hello All,
Thanks for the reply! I kind of get the recommended solution! This is my
working scenerio

   1. I create the project using mvn pax:createproject
   2. Then I run bunch of mvn pax:create-bundle -Dpackage=com.xxx
    -Dversion=xxx
   3. when I do mvn pax:provision - a folder called runner is created and
   bunch of bundles are provisioned into the runner/bundles folder.
   4. Another folder called felix is also created with the felix/config.ini
   inside that
   5. config.ini - contains all the bundle list and the config from the link
   you guys sent me earlier.

This is my problem/question!
Every time I run mvn pax:provision the config.ini is overwritten! How do I
override this?

Bartosz,
You offered the following solution

*What you need to do is:
1) set  --ee to None
2) set the org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment property to
OSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,OSGi/Minimum-1.0,JRE-1.1,J2SE-1.2,J2SE-1.3,J2SE-1.4,J2SE-1.5
3) set system packages so that nearly the same set as the one
specified in the 1.5 profile is used; however JTA packages need to be
removed or somewhat "blocked for import"; you can "block" them using:
"javax.transaction; javax.transaction.xa; partial=true;
mandatory:=partial"*

Can you be more explicit how do I do this in mvn pax:provision? And can you
share some more info on the above steps? Also I would like to customize the
config.ini creation as well like changing bundle start-level etc like
Richard suggests! How do I do that?

May be this is a question to Toni?

Thanks for the help and any more help will be appreciated!

Thanks
Matt