felix-users mailing list archives

From Přemek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>
Subject Re: Launch felix within eclipse
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 15:03:42 GMT
Hello Kostas,

have a look at classes ApacheACERunner and VMLauncherUtility at
http://www.assembla.com/code/eclipse-ace/subversion/nodes/trunk/src/src/cz/zcu/kiv/apacheace
- the first calls the second, which creates a lauch configuration with
VM instance that loads Pax Runner daemon class from a path stored in
plugin preferences. Hope this helps.

We don't load bundles to the started framework from Eclipse however,
so I can't help in this aspect I'm afraid.

Premek

On 18 May 2011 16:47, Konstantinos Giannoutakis <kgiannou@iti.gr> wrote:
> Dear Premek,
>
> It would be great if you point me to specific parts of code. Actually I am
> interested in creating the Felix framework and installing bundles on it
> programmatically.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Kostas
>

> On 18/5/2011 5:30 μμ, Přemek Brada wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> in our ACE IDE project (http://www.assembla.com/spaces/eclipse-ace/),
>> we are using Pax Runner to launch Felix loaded with local Apache ACE
>> server/gateway from within Eclipse Helios (3.6) - it works without
>> problems, though we are not loading bundles from a maven repo.  I will
>> be happy to point to specific places in the code if you would like to
>> have a look.
>>
>> Premek
>>

>> On 18 May 2011 11:50, Konstantinos Giannoutakis<kgiannou@iti.gr>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am developing an eclipse plugin where the user should be able to run
>>> Felix
>>> with some bundles installed.
>>> All bundles are stored within a Maven repository, and the plugin should
>>> be
>>> able to start the Felix framework with these bundles installed.
>>>
>>> The pax runner plugin does this job, but it is incompatible with Eclipse
>>> 3.6.
>>> Can anyone give me any example or any link about starting a felix
>>> framework
>>> with bundles from a maven repository?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much

Premek Brada (Ing et MSc, PhD)
  Lecturer in Software enginering, Webmaster
  University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, CZ
  << brada at kiv.zcu.cz | www.kiv.zcu.cz/~brada/ | +420-377-63-2435 >>