felix-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommended approach for consistent deployment
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 12:25:47 GMT
If you use Karaf, Karaf has a bunch of helpers for pax-exam for
writing integration tests.  We use that internally in karaf.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:14, Jim Talbut <Jim.Talbut@groupgti.com> wrote:
> Marcel (and others),
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> My problem is that I need to ensure that I can quickly (and automatically) produce a
test environment that is the same as a live karaf instance.
> Given that I also need to be able to zap it and start again the simplest solution ought
to be the maven-pax-plugin, but I can't get Pax Runner to produce an environment identical
to a standalone Karaf instance.

> File Install and shell commands are not ideal because of the need to zap it and start
again with a precisely known configuration (I'd need to write code to start/stop/clean the
environment).

> Apache ACE ought to be the ideal tool for managing live environments, but it's not ready
for release yet (I couldn't get the version I checked out to actually deploy anything).

> So I think that the correct approach is a combination of pax-runner (for test) and ACE
(for live), but neither is quite able to do what I need right now.
> Does anyone have a platform definition file for Pax runner that produces an environment
identical to the out of the box Karaf?

> Thanks
>
> Jim

Cheers,