felix-users mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Recommended approach for consistent deployment
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 16:12:05 GMT

Jim,

You should consider the use of provisioning via features.xml files for the consistent deployment
of bundles into an instance of Karaf. Then, you can use Apache ACE to manage a consistent
deployments among multiple instances of Karaf.

Mike Van

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Talbut" <Jim.Talbut@groupgti.com>
To: users@felix.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 11:52:35 AM
Subject: Recommended approach for consistent deployment

Hi,

I'm just starting out on the OSGi road and what bothers me is that the complete flexibility
offered by OSGi makes it difficult to ensure that every deployed instance is identical.
With a pair of live instances and innumerable test instances I need to have a way to deploy
the whole shebang (felix, karaf, camel, CXF, spring, my bundles, various configuration files)
in a consistent way.
What tools/techniques to people use to do this?

Thanks

Jim