felix-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Armstrong <carmstr...@fastmail.com.au>
Subject Re: Launch felix within eclipse
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 05:34:14 GMT
Hi Konstantinos

You shouldn't have to
On 19/05/2011, at 22:50 PM, Konstantinos Giannoutakis wrote:

> It looks like that your plugin is suitable for me...But I have one question: If I have
a jar OSGi bundle file, how should I get programmatically its activator in order to add it
to the Felix framework?

You don't need its activator to add it to the framework. My plugin uses the Eclipse Target
Platform to get your bundles, and Eclipse automatically registers the bundle projects in your
workspace with my plugin. My plugin uses a custom Felix launcher to add your target platform
and workspace bundles automatically to the Felix framework, and it automatically updates them
each time you launch the framework from your workspace (as an OSGi framework).

If your bundle has an activator, Felix will call it when the bundle is started within the
Felix container that is created from the OSGi launch configuration that you put together in
the Debug Configurations dialog. Its just like starting up an Eclipse OSGi framework - you
just need to select Apache Felix as your framework and ensure that Felix is in your Eclipse
target platform (configured under Window->Preferences->OSGi Frameworks->Target Platform
IIRC).

Cheers

Chris
--------