felix-users mailing list archives

From "niibasta@gmail.com" <niiba...@gmail.com>
Subject Native library crash in OSGi
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 15:13:05 GMT
Hello!

I wonder, is anybody tested such behavior:

We have one bundle with native library inside. Library throws, for
example, "AccessViolation". Usually, when operation system catches such
exception, it asks you to kill process. I wonder, what would be with
felix? Whole instance will fail or only one bundle will fall and others
continuous to work?

On my opinion, whole felix instance will fall down, because all bundles
are running on the same jvm on the same process. Am I wrong?

I heard about "distributed osgi". Are there any work in this direction?

Thanks.