felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Launching application with a script
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 19:12:25 GMT
The standard framework launcher (aka main), will install and start all
bundles contained in the "bundle/" directory by default. If you are
putting all of your bundles in there, then you should not get any
resolve exceptions since they are installed in one pass, then started in
a second pass.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about service dependencies and
not package dependencies, then it is possible the bundles won't start up
in the order you expect. But this likely means your bundles aren't coded
properly. They should not expect a particular order for service startup,
they should use a technique like service listeners, ServiceTracker,
iPOJO, etc. to track when services become available.

-> richard