felix-users mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <li...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: Felix Maven2 "bundle" plugin : problem with version ranges
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 19:13:13 GMT
On Tuesday 24 May 2011 19:54:07 Mike Smoot wrote:
> There's a comma you're missing.  The version range is from 3.1 up to, but
> not including version 4.  This is based on the export version supplied by
> the library in question (which is presumably one of the 3.1 snapshots
> because you specified a range in the dependency) and the semantic
>  versioning standard that Bnd uses.  You can read about why the version is
>  3.1 here: http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Versioning.  If you want the import
>  package range to be [3.0,4), then I think you just need to specify your
>  jdo version as 3.0 in your dependency

Thx for your reply.

In Maven I want 3.0 and above, and that's just what I specified (for Maven).
As per
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/rules/versionRanges.html
The bundle plugin is responsible for converting that into MANIFEST.MF format
no? and it comes up with  "[3.1, 4)".

Yes, I mistyped the last part of my question (omitting the comma, thx), but I
did state exactly what the plugin is generating.

Import-Package: javax.jdo;version="[3.1,4)", ...

I don't see how a Maven2 version spec of [3.0, ) translates to meaning [3.1,
4.0) in OSGi. I can live with the upper of 4 but it is missing off the 3.0.0
version present in Maven2 repos.
"javax.jdo" v3.0.0 exports 3.0.0 of javax.jdo packages (in its MANIFEST).
"javax.jdo" v3.1-SNAPSHOT-xxx export v 3.1.0 of javax.jdo packages.

Regards
--
Andy