felix-users mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: A better life: quick webapp deploy
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 16:23:29 GMT

Danielle,

We had similar issues with spring xml files, and you're correct, you cannot access spring.xml
files between bundles. To be clear though, are you referring to the xml files in META-INF/spring
or are you referring to the .xsd files spring uses in its namespaces?

v/r,

Mike Van

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniele Dellafiore" <daniele@dellafiore.net>
To: users@felix.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:12:48 AM
Subject: Re: A better life: quick webapp deploy

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Peter Kriens <peter.kriens@aqute.biz> wrote:

> I am not sure I understand where you're going ....
>
> The -wab/-wablib facility is ONLY for people that want to make a WAR that
> also runs on OSGi. Your use case seems to be standard vanilla OSGi. Just
> make it a WAB, i.e. set the Web-ContextPath header and you're done with any
> compliant OSGi Web container. The -wab option is just a convenience that
> moves the classes from the root to WEB-INF/classes. So start from zero and
> just create a bundle. I have NO idea what will happen when you try to build
> a JAR with all these different packagers in maven.
>
> Did you try to make a simple "hello world" servlet?

Yes I tried that way and I finally succeded. The misunderstanding was I
thought that "WAB" means "war without dependencies, with a context and with
classpath in WEB-INF/classes", and that bnd/maven-bundle build that
accordingly. It's not the case, a WAB is a WAR with a couple of special
instructions for OSGI in the manifest and there's to use maven-war to
exclude dependencies.
Fine

I succeded in starting a simple servlet project, a wicket webapp and also a
wicket webapp with spring using OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext from the
org.springframework.osgi.web project.

There's still a thing I can't understand how to achieve, that involves osgi
and spring (not wicket or webapps)
In the OSGI context, I can only load spring xml files that are in the
bundle, not the ones in  imported bundles.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the help.