felix-users mailing list archives

From "Parvez Shah" <parvez.s...@live.com>
Subject newbie question on adoption
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:59:26 GMT
We are keen to adopt OSGI for our application, but before I undertake study to implement it
would like to validate use of OSGI for this project

Our application will run on cluster tuned for  "high availability"

We will have some Timer based task for background. (Running on cluster)

Application server will be glassfish 3.1

Os will be RHEL.

I am not trying to get my homework done, but what I am asking is ..

Is ok to use OSGI infrastructure,

My timer task becoming OSGI service,

Will they behave properly in cluster environment or we need to take care of them,