felix-users mailing list archives

From Yuri de Wit <yde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bndlib dependency in maven-bundle-plugin
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:52:07 GMT
And the reason that the other two bundles I have work is because the
have another direct dependency on a.AD and a.AH.

So, if I have bundle A containing:
- interface a.AS extends e.ES<a.AS,a.AW>{}
- interface a.AW...

and a bundle E containing:
- interface e.ES<S extends e.ES<S,W>, W extends e.EW<S,W>> extends b.AD,
b.AH{}
- interface e.EW..
- interface b.AD{}
- interface b.AH{}

I would expect that the bundle A manifest would contain an explicit
Import-Package to package b, but that is not the case.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Yuri de Wit <ydewit@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> and the two generic parameters a.ES and e.EW, which happens to be in
> the same package) and b (b.AD and b.AH). However, I didn't see the
> package b.
>
> I am not sure if the code is supposed to analyze a.ES a bit later and
> then uncover b.AD and b.AH, but I did verify that after analyze is
> done I do not see package b referred.
>
> Here is the makeup for the a.AS class being analyzed by bnd:
>
> interface a.AS extends e.ES<a.AS,a.AW>{}
> interface e.ES<S extends e.ES<S,W>, W extends e.EW<S,W>> extends b.AD,
b.AH{}

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Yuri de Wit <ydewit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> This is picture of the dependencies here:
>>
>> This is a more detailed picture:
>> BUNDLE A (package a):
>> --------
>> BundleModule {
>>  bindService(a.AS).export();
>>  bindService(a.AW).multiple(); // THIS IS WHEN THE EXCEPTION IS THROWN
>>  bind(a.AS).to(a.ASImpl);
>> }
>>
>> class a.ASImpl extends e.ESImpl<a.AS,a.AW> implements a.AS {
>>  ASImpl(EB, Iterable<a.AW>)
>> }
>>
>> interface a.AS extends e.ES<a.AS,a.AW>{}
>> interface a.AW extends e.EW<a.AS,a.AW>{}
>>
>> BUNDLE E (packages e and b):
>> --------
>> interface e.ES<S extends e.ES<S,W>, W extends e.EW<S,W>> extends
b.AD, b.AH{}
>> interface b.AD{}  // THIS IS THE NoClassDefFoundError CLASS
>> interface b.AH{}
>>
>> Considering that I have an additional bundle with the same
>> dependencies (and more) and that bundle has the "b" package included
>> in the Manifest, i.e. it works, could it be that the
>> maven-bundle-plugin is not "seeing" b.AD through the
>> generics/inheritance when building the bundle manifest and that it
>> works here due to another dependency to b.AD?
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Yuri de Wit <ydewit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Indeed. I used the latest 2.3.5-SNAPSHOT and got the same results.
>>>
>>> I am using Peaberry/Guice to import a service from the base module and
>>> the ClassDefNotFoundError is thrown when importing multiple() in
>>> Peaberry's BundleModule. However, I checked the Manifest on both the
>>> bundle that works and the one that doesnt and see the difference in
>>> the "uses" directive exactly in the package that contains the missing
>>> class def. The two bundles extend the base bundle in the exact same
>>> way and the only thing special here is the 3 level deep inheritance
>>> and multiple interface extension with Generics, but they would then be
>>> special for both bundles: not sure why would one work and one fail.
>>>
>>> If I build the bundle with the missing package in the uses directive
>>> from the bundle project, as opposed to the parent project, I get the
>>> exact same result (I was wondering if the reactor with all the other
>>> projects could be causing a problem here).

Def Not Found error, worst case you could get a class cast exception. Uses are only important
for systems that have multiple versions of the same package.