felix-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Quiroz <cqui...@gemini.edu>
Subject Re: Settings Service PID with FileInstall
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:09:47 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the answer.

I don't really get why there is this behavior. I get that if you don't have a PID ConfigAdmin
should generate one but why not being able to specify one is kind of strange.

For example with this behavior I cannot use the metatype which requires the PID be placed
on the metatype.xml file

Carlos

On Apr 1, 2011, at 9:15 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> The ConfigAdmin spec specifies that the PID has to be generated, so
> no, that's not possible.
> However you can filter based on the file name, as an additional
> property is added to the configuration to be able to easily link it
> back to the file.
> Look for the felix.fileinstall.filename property.
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 13:50, Carlos Quiroz <cquiroz@gemini.edu> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have been using FileInstall to start and install my services using ManagedServiceFactories
but one issue I find is that FileInstall ask ConfigAdmin an initial configuration which is
set to a random UUID.

>> Could be that FileInstall gets the pid from the file name like is getting the Factory
PID? Like

>> <factory.pid>-<service.pid>.cfg
>>
>> In the code, FileInstall is actually doing something like that parsing the filename
but it doesn't use the service.pid part