felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Should a refresh wire newly added optional dependencies?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:06:55 GMT
On 4/14/11 13:55, Steele, Richard wrote:
> If a bundle A declares an optional dependency on package com.example.b that
> isn't found, I expect that import to be unresolved.  However, if I then add
> a bundle (call it B) that exports the package com.example.b, A does not get
> wired to B even if I issue a refresh command (though gogo).

First of all, I don't think the resolver is required to satisfy optional
dependencies, but most intuitive implementations probably will.

Are you specifically refreshing bundle A? If not, then most likely
nothing is being refreshed, since a refresh with no parameters only
refreshes updated or uninstalled bundles.

> Specifically, I'm starting org.springframework.beans, which has an optional
> dependency on the net.sf.cglib.proxy package (which is provided by CGLIB).
> If I don't have the cglib bundle installed when I start Spring, then the
> optional import will forever be unresolved, even if I later install cglib.
>
> Should this work?

If you refresh the original bundle, yes.

-> richard