felix-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Quiroz <cqui...@gemini.edu>
Subject Settings Service PID with FileInstall
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:50:43 GMT
Hi

I have been using FileInstall to start and install my services using ManagedServiceFactories
but one issue I find is that FileInstall ask ConfigAdmin an initial configuration which is
set to a random UUID.

Could be that FileInstall gets the pid from the file name like is getting the Factory PID?
Like

<factory.pid>-<service.pid>.cfg

In the code, FileInstall is actually doing something like that parsing the filename but it
doesn't use the service.pid part

I think that would be quite useful as the Random UUID in PID makes it difficult to find specific
services

Any opinion?

Carlos