felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPojo component
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:45:53 GMT
Hi,

On 24.03.11 10:47, "C├ędric Casenove" <ccasenove@axway.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I made an iPojo component and created an instance of it using the Config
>Admin service. Still using the Config Admin, I updated the instance
>configuration and set a property on it. This property is not defined at
>all
>in the component.
>
>I would like to see this property as a service property without changing
>the
>definition of my component.
>
>Is there a way to do that ?
>
>If I can not change the visibility of only one property, I can eventually
>propagate all the properties. How can I set dynamically the propagation
>attribute to true (because the component I work on may not have this
>attribute set)

The propagation is enabled by default. If the propagation is disabled,
it's probably because the implementation really doesn't want that. So, my
first guess would be to rely on the propagation:
When an instance is reconfigured, all unknown properties contained in the
new configuration are published as service properties. It does not require
to change the component implementation or description.

Regards,

Clement