felix-users mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <...@apache.org>
Subject ArtifactInstaller.canHandle being passed a jar
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:33:39 GMT
Hi,

In aries we have an ArtifactInstaller for FileInstall that is will
install an OSGi Application. The code, in theory, can cope with it
being either an archive with a .eba extension, or an expanded
directory (also with a .eba extension). This does not work though. The
reason is that when canHandle is called I am provided a jared up
version of the directory, which ends with .jar. As a result canHandle
returns false.

If it returned true then the install method is called, but is passed
the directory in watched directory. I was wondering why different
things are being passed in these two cases. What is the right way to
cope in this situation and correctly identify myself as being
responsible.

Thanks
Alasdair

--