felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: GUI to control installing bundles from an OBR
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:29:18 GMT
Doesn't Felix Web Console offer a GUI for OBR as well as for managing
bundles? You could look into using that.

-> richard

On 3/2/11 16:42, Bruce Hartman wrote:
> Hi, I'm attempting to create a GUI that will display available bundles, and whether they
are installed, uninstalled, need to be updated, stopped or started, etc.

> I'm creating an OBR with all the bundles we will supply.
>
> My question is open ended - pretty much, "how do I do this".  Here is what I'm planning
to do.  Please feel free to tell me if I'm on the right track, or if there's a better mechanism.
 Thanks in advance.

> I am planning to get the RepositoryAdmin service, from the Felix bundle repository 1.6.2,
to load my OBR, and install bundles from it (when the user presses the "install" button).

> Does this sound like the best way to do this?
>
> If it does, I have a couple of questions about the Resolver object (which I can get from
the RepositoryAdmin object):
> 1.  Where is the Javadocs for the Felix bundle repository - 1.6.2?
> 2.  The Resolver object has a deploy method.  The only documentation for this that I
could find used the deploy(boolean start) method.  However, in 1.6.2, the method deploy takes
an int.  Digging around, I could see that this was for passing in some kind of flags.  Is
there some documentation for what the flags are and what they mean?  Otherwise, would deploy(0)
be equal to the old deploy(false)?

> Thanks so much for responses.
>
> Bruce

> This e-mail and its attachments are a private communication sent from Westell Technologies,
Inc.,
> a telecommunications company.  Its contents may contain confidential and proprietary
information that is protected.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the
> information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.
 Thank you.