felix-users mailing list archives

From Carl Hall <c...@hallwaytech.com>
Subject Re: Fileinstall not reading .config files
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:19:19 GMT
// cc'ing dev list for suggestions of direction to proceed

This sounds like an old bug [1] with a new twist. I've noticed that <watched
dir>/*.config files are read up, have 2 new props added (service.pid,
felix.fileinstall.filename) and are then written back to the watched dir
which seems to cause the loop (later, rinse, repeat). Note: the *.config
files are also appropriately written to felix-cache/ just like the *.cfg
files.

>From the sound of things, if fileinstall is stopped from writing the
*.config files back to the watched dir (load/ in this case), the errant loop
should be fixed.
devs, is this the right direction to go or are there implications I don't
know about?

1 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1572