felix-users mailing list archives

From teemu kanstren <tkanst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updatable agent with OSGI. Possible?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:28:49 GMT
If you wish to hack together something of your own, you can also check the
OSGI Bundle interface and its uninstall() method. The counterpart would be
BundleContext.installBundle().

Probably ACE will take care of a lot of headaches for you but I have not
used it so far so can't really say. It seems rather complex but I guess it
needs to be for large scale and varying configurations.

How complex it all gets also sort of depends on do you need to update a
running system with complex configurations, existing interactions and
connections between different component/service versions, state transfers,
etc.

Cheers,
Teemu