felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Getting error while starting a bundle
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:03:34 GMT
On 2/9/11 23:08, samsmarty wrote:
> Thanks you are right.Does this mean that i cannot use the regular jar file
> into my bundle. Is there a way to do it. I have seen couple of manifest
> files in eclipse which uses Bundle-Classpath to add external jars.
> any idea ?

You can do it, but if the JAR file has dependencies on other packages,
you have three options:

   1. Install other bundles that provide the packages.
   2. Also embed those packages into your bundle.
   3. Do not have your bundle import the package if you know it isn't
      really needed.

-> richard

> Thanks,
> Sadashiv
>

> justinedelson wrote:
>> '
>> Is a bundle exporting this package installed in the framework? I'm
>> guessing no and that's your problem.
>>
>> Justin
>>
>> On Feb 9, 2011, at 5:46 PM, samsmarty<sadashiv.borkar@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Iam getting following error while starting the bundle.
>>> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
>>> OSGIBndTutorial.bundledirectorymanager [21]: Unable to resolve 21.12:
>>> missing requirement [21.12] package;
>>> (package=org.apache.commons.io.filefilter)
>>> Iam using commons-io-1.3.2.jar in my bundle for some processing. Can you
>>> please let me know how to get around the error. I read some forms which
>>> talked about adding the bundle classpath or by using
>>>
>>> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra:
>>> org.apache.commons.io.filefilter
>>>
>>> but nothing worked. Iam using felix and bnd tools from the following link
>>> http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd bnd
>>>
>>> Below is my bundle header configuration
>>>
>>> OSGIBndTutorial.bundledirectorymanager (21)
>>> Bnd-LastModified = 1297289848595
>>> Bundle-Activator = org.osgi.tutorial.BundleDirectoryManager
>>> Bundle-ManifestVersion = 2
>>> Bundle-Name = OSGIBndTutorial.bundledirectorymanager
>>> Bundle-SymbolicName = OSGIBndTutorial.bundledirectorymanager
>>> Bundle-Version = 0
>>> Created-By = 1.6.0_13 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
>>> Import-Package = org.apache.commons.io.filefilter,org.osgi.framework
>>> Manifest-Version = 1.0
>>> Private-Package = org.osgi.tutorial