felix-users mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Updatable agent with OSGI. Possible?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 05:03:22 GMT

Hello I am very new to OSGI and spent a number of hours over Safari online
bookstore over this topic.  But still could not get a grasp of what I am
looking for.  So I'd like to post here if i could get some answer

I am tasked to build a java agent technology where my to be agent will be
installed on thousand of machines.  So the deployment will be a nightmare
specially the upgrade/hotfixes parts.  So  I turn to OSGI since it sounds
like a right technology.

Could some expert advice how I would go about to implement this solution
from a high level? Let's just start with a simple scenarios:

  1. Locally install first, then remotely update a bundle perfer over a http
connection? what would I need?

  2. Locally install first, then remotely upgrade ( possible a agent restart
is reuquired )

Big Thanks  for all advices

-D