felix-users mailing list archives

From john.dun...@exceter.com
Subject Re: Any way to login karaf sshd non-interactively?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:03:48 GMT
If you are running karaf under Linux, there is a workaround for this
that I use.

1) Create a linux user to log into the server with. I named mine "karaf"
2) Set the login shell of the karaf user to the karaf client in
/etc/passwd. Mine looks like this,
3) Configure SSH RSA authentication for the karaf user. Google is very
helpful for this.

Then, using your RSA key, you can sign into the linux server, without
a password, as the karaf user. Because the karaf client is configured
as the karaf user's shell you land inside karaf, without a password,
when you log in. When you log out of karaf the ssh session terminates
and you never see the Linux shell.

I use this approach and it works pretty well for me.