felix-users mailing list archives

From john.dun...@exceter.com
Subject Re: Any way to login karaf sshd non-interactively?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:03:48 GMT
If you are running karaf under Linux, there is a workaround for this
that I use.

1) Create a linux user to log into the server with. I named mine "karaf"
2) Set the login shell of the karaf user to the karaf client in
/etc/passwd. Mine looks like this,
karaf:x:502:502::/home/karaf:/usr/local/apache-karaf/bin/client
3) Configure SSH RSA authentication for the karaf user. Google is very
helpful for this.

Then, using your RSA key, you can sign into the linux server, without
a password, as the karaf user. Because the karaf client is configured
as the karaf user's shell you land inside karaf, without a password,
when you log in. When you log out of karaf the ssh session terminates
and you never see the Linux shell.

I use this approach and it works pretty well for me.

-John