felix-users mailing list archives

From "Adarsh Ashok Joshi" <adar...@broadcom.com>
Subject RE: Questions on OSGI testing
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:17:21 GMT
Marcel,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to isolate the problem. One more issue I am juggling with
is that the directory allocated for all the bundles has a limited disk space of 1 MB. I am
not sure how the system should behave when I try to install bundles and exceed that limit.
And my concern is that, under any circumstances, the basic functionality of my system should
not be affected and I should not have to reboot or format the system when a bundle fails.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 11:06 AM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions on OSGI testing

The best document on how the system should behave is the OSGi specification itself.

Your specific test case sounds like there's something seriously going wrong, if you can isolate
and reproduce that, let us know and/or file a bug.

Greetings, Marcel

On 21 Jan 2011, at 19:53 , Adarsh Ashok Joshi wrote:

> John,
>
> Ok. Sure. Thanks.
>
> My last question. Are there any testing specifications for OSGI? I mean, any document
which specifies the exact behavior of the system when something goes wrong?

> For example, the other day, I tried to install a bundle. For some reason, it did not
get installed properly and showed a null value in name and ID fields. I was not even able
to uninstall it and I had to wipe my embedded system and install a new image. I am sure that
should not be the way it should behave. I am not quite sure the mistake is on my embedded
system or OSGi or Felix or even me (I did something wrong). S if there was a document which
specifies how the behavior should be, I can test my system against that. I did go through
the specifications section but did not find anything useful.