felix-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What do I do about strange package in Import-Package?
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:26:49 GMT
On 12 January 2011 14:13, Clay McCoy <cm@claymccoy.com> wrote:

> The whole reason that I am trying to use Embed dependencies and transitive
> =
> true is so that I don't have to deal with dependencies.  They are all
> supposed to be embedded into a self contained jar.
> But now I am having to deal with sun.misc.  This seems like a conceptual
> flaw with the plugin or a misconception on my part.

Not really - you're embedding the whole jar, and the plugin can't tell what
bits you might end up using.
What happens in the future if you call some method in Guava that then calls
another Guava method
that uses the "sun.misc.Unsafe" class (which may not exist on all JDKs as
it's not a standard API)

The safest (and easiest) option in this case is to mark it as optional,
which is what you did I believe.

Or to put it another way... how would you suggest the plugin handle this
situation? How can it tell
that this import is not required, compared to other non-local references
that should require imports?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Justin Edelson <justin@justinedelson.com