felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: New OSGi presentation
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:59:36 GMT
On 1/20/11 9:47, Steven Siebert wrote:
> lol, nice cookie-jar references
>
> a couple comments....
>
> slides 15->19 was a bit confusing...you went from talking about OSGi
> modularity in 15 to the standard java packaging/classpath from 16-19
> without a visual transition.  I found myself saying "wait...that's not
> right.  If Rich says this, everything I know about life is wrong.  Oh,
> wait...he wasn't talking OSGi, phew."  Perhaps something on 17 that
> stated you were taking about java now, not continuing the thought on
> OSGi from 15 =)

Ok, I'll try to make that clearer.

> I think you hit on many good points, all critical to know when
> designing/developing an OSGi based application...but a co-worker (who
> does not know OSGi) heard me chuckle at cookie monster and said "124
> slides as an intro/how to ignore OSGi?"....I understand most were
> inner-slide transitions, but was a comment that was made =)

Yeah, I understand that people will have that reaction. I always do my
animations as slide transitions, so people can easily watch them from
PDF. The number of slides is actually much less. I guess it could put
someone off if they just look at that number and stop immediately...but
hopefully they won't do that. :-)

> all together, though, a good presentation.  I'll add this to the docs
> I'm going to use to teach my co-workers OSGi.

Thanks.

-> richard