felix-users mailing list archives

From Holger Hoffstätte <holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: What do I do about strange package in Import-Package?
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:03:34 GMT
On 12.01.2011 15:13, Clay McCoy wrote:
> The whole reason that I am trying to use Embed dependencies and transitive =
> true is so that I don't have to deal with dependencies.  They are all
> supposed to be embedded into a self contained jar.
> But now I am having to deal with sun.misc.  This seems like a conceptual
> flaw with the plugin or a misconception on my part.

The misconception on your part is the gross modularity violation by
Guava, which relies on a JDK-specific package. The error you get is
*good* and the whole point of OSGi. Blaming OSGi for the last 15 years
of Java's carelessness and the community's ignorance of modularity is
easy, but misses the point.

-h